THE BEACH OF TORDIGLIANO, A HIDDEN PARADISE NEAR POSITANO
It is a real hidden paradise and even if it is closer to Positano, it belongs to the municipality of Vico Equense.
It is not always easy to find because there is no signpost and it is not visible from the street. However, if you are on the Amalfi Coast and you love uncontaminated nature and crystal clear water, it will be a pleasant discovery.
by Annalisa Russo
If you want to experience a relaxing day immersed in the uncontaminated nature the beach of Tordigliano is the perfect place since, due to its hidden location and absence of comforts, it is never very crowded.
share this article
The beach of Tordigliano
If you come from Sorrento travelling along the State Road 163 which links the towns of the Amalfi Coast, continue past the signpost (località: Tordigliano/Chiosse) and go straight along the State Road for about 2 minutes. Since there is no signpost for the beach, I suggest you use Google Maps or ask for information to local people who will be able to show the exact point where the pathway begins. After having pinpointed the trail, climb over the guardrail and you will arrive on a cement platform from which you will start to descend to the beach.
The path is quite easy to walk, you will reach the small beach in about 15 minutes, whereas the biggest one in about 30 minutes, but remember that the duration depends on you.
Immersed in the Mediterranean maquis walking in an uncontaminated nature with the sound of cicadas as background, you will reach the sea. Along the way you will enjoy a breathtaking view. If you love nature this is the ideal place where to spend a different day.
In front of the beach there is the archipelago of Li Galli that, already visible from the street, gets increasingly closer when you reach the sea. The archipelago was acquired by the famous Russian dancer Rudolf Nureyev from the heirs of his colleague Léonide Massine and it was for him “an oasis of peace” where he used to go until 1992.
This Archipelago is composed of three small islands and if you see the biggest one “Il Gallo Lungo” from above, you will discover that it is shaped like a dolphin. After having spent a day at the beach, it could be hard to climb back the trail, but in any case the calm, the sea crystal water and the breathless view of Tordigliano will repay your efforts: it is worth it!
Therefore, if you want to experience a relaxing day immersed in the uncontaminated nature this is the perfect place since, due to its hidden location and absence of comforts, it is never very crowded.
Lastly, since this beach is not easy to reach unlike others, follow my tips and you will spend an unforgettable day.
- Put on a pair of sneakers, so you will be more comfortable in crossing the trail.
- The many scooters parked close to the trail are a good reference point to find the path.
- Since this is an uncontaminated beach where there are no kiosks and no public toilets, I suggest you take a beach umbrella, food and a lot of water.
- This beach is not recommended for elderly or no agile people and children. Although the path is not so difficult, in some points it is much more complicated. For example, if you want to reach the small beach you need to climb a rope. Instead, if you want to reach the biggest one, you will climb a ladder and walk along a big pile of rocks.
- Since the sun beats hard, I suggest you leave the beach at sunset.
share this article