A ROMANTIC WEEKEND IN POSITANO
Positano, pearl of the Amalfi Coast, is a dream destination, the perfect place if you want to spend a romantic and unforgettable weekend with your other half.
by Annalisa Russo
Every year it is the setting of the love stories. Couples choose it to spend some pleasant time together, to celebrate their anniversary or to promise to love each other for life. The Elle magazine included Positano among the 5 dream destinations where to organize a wedding.
There is no romantic destination like Positano: waking up with a sea view, breathless sunsets, moonlight dinners… you just have to set off. Your stay on the Amalfi Coast will be unique and unforgettable.
share this article
Positano is an ancient fishing village developed vertically. The coloured houses are perched on the rocks, it is amazing! Strolling into its typical historic center is a must to do in Positano, where there are very narrow streets and steps with many shops. Close your eyes and imagine being there, hand in hand with the person you love: there is nothing more romantic than this town!
Get lost among its alleys and let be tempted by the handmade sandals measured and fit to your feet, coloured ceramics and the Moda Positano (Positano fashion style). Then pass by the Church of Santa Maria Assunta which is, together with its majolica-tiled dome, one of its symbols and by the MAR (Roman Archeological Museum in Positano) and reach the famous Spiaggia Grande. What a spectacular view!
The coloured houses perched on the rocks, visible from the beach, will be a perfect background for your pictures. Positano holds wonders that are waiting to be discovered: sea and beaches, wonderful landscapes, art and history and much more… it will offer everything you need for a romantic and unforgettable weekend. There are no words to describe the atmosphere you can breathe. Just a magical experience!
Positano is the perfect destination for your romantic getaway. What are you waiting for? Book your weekend!
- There are many types of accommodations, I suggest you choose a sea view room because there is nothing more romantic than waking up with the breathless view of the bay of Positano.
- For your lunch, I suggest a restaurant at the beach: traditional and fresh seafood-based dishes and many other delicious foods with the sound of waves in the background.
- If you want an aperitif, in Positano there is something to suit everybody’s fancy. I suggest you sip your cocktail at a bar on the beach or at an exclusive sky bar that will offer you a breathless view.
- For an unforgettable moonlight dinner, I suggest one of the many sea view restaurants where you will enjoy the local cuisine: scialatielli pasta with seafood, seafood salad, mixed fried seafood and typical cakes such as the delizia a limone (a lemon cake). These are just some of the local delicacies, a must to taste during your stay on the Amalfi Coast.
- If you love to sunbathe on the beach and relax, besides the famous Spiaggia Grande, there are the less crowded beaches, Fornillo and Arienzo! Stroll through the Path of Lovers that leads to Fornillo or reach Arienzo, further away from the center, after taking a long staircase.
- If you want a unique experience I suggest booking a boat tour. Seeing Positano from the sea is spectacular and will leave you breathless. The boat tours at sunset are so romantic, the sky turns red, orange and pink and it is a perfect setting for a wedding proposal.
- Stay: Hotel Villa Gabrisa www.villagabrisa.it
- Eat: Restaurant Mediterraneo www.mediterraneopositano.com
- Have a drink: Faro bar by Hotel Montemare www.hotelmontemare.it
- Have a romantic dinner: Restaurant Adamo ed Eva by Hotel Eden Roc www.edenroc.it
- Sunbathe: Beach Resort La Scogliera www.lascoglierapositano.com
- Take a boat tour: Premium Charter Italia www.premiumboatcharter.com
share this article